Savath & Savalas Manana
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Warp
The fanboys may gravitate toward Prefuse 73, but Guillermo Scott Herren's acoustical alter ego Savath & Savalas attracts revolutionaries. (Have you made the Gil Scott Heron connection yet?) His own personal sketch of Spain, Herren's Manana grows from the soil of Apropa't with a similar beatific haze, but incorporates distinct rhythms and electronic grace notes that are decidedly Prefuse-like. With tracks like the restless "No Puedo De Cidir"-discernibly beat-driven with, gasp, a sample-you might say Herren has gone full-circle.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player