Savath & Savalas Manana
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Warp
The fanboys may gravitate toward Prefuse 73, but Guillermo Scott Herren's acoustical alter ego Savath & Savalas attracts revolutionaries. (Have you made the Gil Scott Heron connection yet?) His own personal sketch of Spain, Herren's Manana grows from the soil of Apropa't with a similar beatific haze, but incorporates distinct rhythms and electronic grace notes that are decidedly Prefuse-like. With tracks like the restless "No Puedo De Cidir"-discernibly beat-driven with, gasp, a sample-you might say Herren has gone full-circle.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player