Savath & Savalas Manana
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Warp
The fanboys may gravitate toward Prefuse 73, but Guillermo Scott Herren's acoustical alter ego Savath & Savalas attracts revolutionaries. (Have you made the Gil Scott Heron connection yet?) His own personal sketch of Spain, Herren's Manana grows from the soil of Apropa't with a similar beatific haze, but incorporates distinct rhythms and electronic grace notes that are decidedly Prefuse-like. With tracks like the restless "No Puedo De Cidir"-discernibly beat-driven with, gasp, a sample-you might say Herren has gone full-circle.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player