Hotflush Recordings founder and dubstep-techno crossover artist Scuba (a.k.a. Paul Rose) has been in rock-steady ascent since dropping the 2008 monster jam "Hard Boiled," a track that helped build a bridge of sound from London to Berlin. This DJ mix shows off where he's coming from, where he's going, and who's coming with him. At its best, Sub:stance shows off the talents of young British producers Joker, Pangaea, Ramadanman, Sigha, and breakout star Joy Orbison, whose cheeky "Hyph Mngo" and "The Shrew Would Have Cushioned the Blow" are set up beautifully here. Other highlights include Mount Kimbie's wonky "Maybes (James Blake Remix)" and Scuba's own minimal dub-club cruiser "Last Stand."
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player