Hotflush Recordings founder and dubstep-techno crossover artist Scuba (a.k.a. Paul Rose) has been in rock-steady ascent since dropping the 2008 monster jam "Hard Boiled," a track that helped build a bridge of sound from London to Berlin. This DJ mix shows off where he's coming from, where he's going, and who's coming with him. At its best, Sub:stance shows off the talents of young British producers Joker, Pangaea, Ramadanman, Sigha, and breakout star Joy Orbison, whose cheeky "Hyph Mngo" and "The Shrew Would Have Cushioned the Blow" are set up beautifully here. Other highlights include Mount Kimbie's wonky "Maybes (James Blake Remix)" and Scuba's own minimal dub-club cruiser "Last Stand."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player