The Sea and Cake Everybody
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Thrill Jockey
The Sea and Cake rightfully deserve their designation as elder statesmen of the Chicago art-pop landscape. This time out, Sam Prekop and company return in an older, more perceptive incarnation of the band, eschewing the electronic flourishes of past releases for a more classic sound reminiscent of their self-titled debut. The difference here is clearly refinement. Never has the guitar playing of Archer Prewitt and Sam Prekop sounded so in-sync and sophisticated. And bassist Eric Claridge and drummer John McEntire continue a legacy of stylish understatement. Everybody proves there's plenty left in Chicago's prodigal sons.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player