Sebastien Tellier Sexuality
- Words: David Hemingway
- Label: Record Makers
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
In the publicity photos for Sebastien Tellier’s third album, the thoroughly bearded Frenchman sits in front of his piano, the robot hand of Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo resting tenderly on his shoulder. The Daft Punk member produced this electro-cabaret masterpiece and, perhaps appositely, Tellier eschews homage to Starship Troopers (as on previous album Politics) and refocuses on his most human impulses: both “Pomme” and “Kilometer” are cut through with les bruits orgasmiques. Tellingly, Tellier has cited George Michael’s “I Want Your Sex” and the soundtracks of Wendy Carlos as great inspirations on the release. Thankfully, the Paris-based eccentric’s take on sexuality produces an album that is uniquely engrossing and much more than mere onanism.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player