Senior Coconut Smooth Operator
- Words: Walker Lindh
- Label: Multicolor
Uwe "Coconut" Schmidt and his Orquestra's wonderfully time-warped take on the Sade classic gets remixed in triplicate on this entertaining disc. As Agoria, Frenchman Sebastien Devaud lures the tune from Schmidt's '50s Latin lounge mists onto an acid-tech dancefloor. Then, Frankfurt producer Good Groove pumps it with a stealthy, energetic electro beat before Depeche Mode-ster and Coconut fan Martin Gore swings the whole mess into dubby minimalist territory. Very tasty overall.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player