Senor Coconut Beat It
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: MultiColor
Senor Coconut (Uwe Schmidt), rarely fails to disappoint with his over-the-top Latin covers of pop hits. "Beat It" features two sprightly remixes of Coconut's cover of the Michael Jackson hit. Puerto Rico's Ruben Rodriguez's mix accentuates the tougher, more electro side of the track with taut beat programming and a bumping bassline, though it really doesn't evolve into a memorable motif. On the flip, DJ Enne's Latino Bass & Breaks Mix filters "Beat It" through a lively, beat-friendly parade with a touch of modern electro-funk. Fun but not essential.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player