Sensational Speaks For Itself
- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Quatermass
Like MF Doom, Sensational rhymes in a mumble that follows its own internal metronome, often running boldly counter to our earthly sense of cadence. Even though he declares "Ain‘t no buzzin‘ in this/This is Protools, dog," Sensational‘s beats are skeletal arrangements of droning bass and muffled thumps, sometimes swerving into near-musique concrète territory. Neat tricks like the ominously doubled vocal track on "Obvious I‘m Marvelous" go some way toward covering up Sensational‘s dearth of topics beyond braggadocio and his "chunk of bliss," and his oddly compelling voice works track-by-track, but Speaks for Itself still drags over 40 minutes.
- GearArtist Tips: Mister Saturday Night on the Importance of Building a Proper DJ Booth
- NewsWatch Ben UFO's RBMA Lecture
- MP3Machines in Heaven "Hindu Milk (Debukas Remix)"
- NewsStream Keysound's Upcoming 'Certified Connections' Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Maya Jane Coles, Joy Orbison, Mister Saturday Night, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player