Sepalot Red Handed
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Compost
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
German deck-meister Sebastian Weiss of makes a solid solo move with this 17-track declaration of hip hop know-how. With heavyweights like Saigon and Detroit’s Frank ‘n Dank doing the heavy lyrical lifting, Sepalot locks it all down with top-shelf beat programming, radio-ready production, and a tasteful electronic seasoning that should make the Neptunes School of producers grow up and take heed. Leave it to the ladies to turn the lights down a bit with tracks like the soul-jazzing “Smile,” featuring Shuanise, and “How Can I Say,” a throbbing, low-slung R&B number loved up by Germany’s Miss Platinum. Versatility is the message here, and Sepalot delivers it with class to spare.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player