Serge Gainsbourg Aux Armes Et Caetera
- Words: Daniel Siwek
- Label: Sunnyside
Serge Gainsbourg may be perfect for seducing your girl, or even that weekend getaway in Le Car, but few people know that back in 1979 he single handedly introduced reggae to the French mainstream. Recorded with Sly and Robbie's emerging group, The Revolutionaries, Aux Armes Et Caetera is not only authentic dub on a croissant, but a masterpiece that still holds up today. Not content to just re-present the work, mastering engineer Bruno Blum also provides a second disc with dubwise versions, produced with authentic studio techniques from '70s Kingston. Since the French didn't even think about making dub versions back then, all we can say is to this re-release is oui oui.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player