Sex Mob Sexotica
- Words: Anna Balkrishna
- Label: Thirsty Ear
Martin Denny described his own music as "window dressing," and the pop-jazz quartet Sex Mob takes that concept and runs with it. Their most studio-polished album in the past decade, Sexotica is a sly, electronicized homage to Denny's brand of exotica, that airy, pseudo-tropical jazz of the ‘50s and ‘60s. A showcase for the slithery slide-trombone work of Steven Bernstein, Sexotica weaves and shimmies through a maze of tiki-lit bachelor pads via hypnotic Latin percussion loops and slow-burn instrumentals.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player