Shakeyface Bicycle Day Boogaloo
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: It‘s Bananas
Longtime NYC DJ Doug "Shakeyface" Smiley had to clear a hurdle to create his first LP: figuring out how to make a coherent album while coming from a seasoned mixtape mentality. Moving from moments of Dabrye-styled digital glitch to the abstract instrumentalism of Daedelus, Shakeyface sounds most at home on "Looking Ahead" and "As I Was Saying," two plaintive, end-of-winter IDM repeat players. Ambitious, forward-thinking, and undeniably talented, Shakeyface has put together a palette of bright sonic colors on Bicycle Day Boogaloo; while he may not yet blend them with the skill of a master painter, this album nevertheless contains the first brushstrokes of a brilliant musical portrait.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Robert Hood, Tycho, Jacques Greene, and More
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player