- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Undo
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Whereas Atlanta-based producer Sharaab’s first full-length, Infusion, could be considered a collection of Indian-influenced electronic tracks, his follow-up is much more coherent as a recording. The South Asian focus is still intact; a buzzing sarangi opens the record, while a slightly distorted classical vocal line rides over the beat on “Shankara.” Yet, for the most part, Sharaab turns to rock and dark beat sensibilities to provide cohesion. The sarangi/guitar fusion on “Incomplete” and the pulsing tones of “Poison” show a harder edge to his work. Though those moments are noteworthy, he remains best with the upbeat numbers, as on the Transglobal Underground-imbued “The Awakening.”
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player