- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: Undo
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Whereas Atlanta-based producer Sharaab’s first full-length, Infusion, could be considered a collection of Indian-influenced electronic tracks, his follow-up is much more coherent as a recording. The South Asian focus is still intact; a buzzing sarangi opens the record, while a slightly distorted classical vocal line rides over the beat on “Shankara.” Yet, for the most part, Sharaab turns to rock and dark beat sensibilities to provide cohesion. The sarangi/guitar fusion on “Incomplete” and the pulsing tones of “Poison” show a harder edge to his work. Though those moments are noteworthy, he remains best with the upbeat numbers, as on the Transglobal Underground-imbued “The Awakening.”
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player