Sharpshooters Twice as Nice
- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: Light in the Attic
Mr. Supreme and DJ Sureshot have deep-in-the-crates reputations that precede them, but make no mistake: this is not an obscure-vinyl wank-off. Instead, Supreme and Sureshot focus on production, fusing the best loops with live instrumentation in an appealing way. Most of the cuts are mid-tempo, groove-oriented affairs-minimalist, but not minimal. The Achilles heel is that the composition isn't as good as the production. While most songs feature terrific loops and grooves, they don't really go anywhere, and without progressions, even the best beats can become torpid. That may cut down the replay value of Twice As Nice, but it doesn't diminish the sonic quality of the work presented.
- PodcastDJ Koze
- NewsLevon Vincent Announces Open Call for Artist Apprenticeship in Berlin
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2013: Top Downloads (60 - 41)
- FeatureHi-Five - Snoop Dogg Selects His Five Favorite Dam-Funk Tunes and Dam-Funk Selects His Five Favorite Snoop Tracks
- MP3Nils Frahm "You (Teen Daze Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player