Shawn Lee‘s Ping Pong Orchestra Strings & Things
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Ubiquity
Multi-instrumentalist and singer Shawn Lee-whose varied musical escapades have found him working alongside such disparate artists as The Spice Girls, Martina McBride, and Psapp-curates his third installment of Ubiquity‘s Studio Sessions series, in which he and his Ping Pong Orchestra bob and weave through tracks from 1960s and ‘70s library records (dusty wax meant to soundtrack the dingy flicks of yesteryear). Lee deftly tugs the cinematic flair out of the album‘s 15 cuts, breathing life into sitar-driven grooves, sneaky marimba breaks, chase-sequence drum shuffles, and ominous orchestral swells until you can almost see the notes.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player