Shifted Phases The Cosmic Memoirs of the Late Great Rupert J. Rosinthrope
- Words: Steve Nickolls
- Label: Tresor
Another mysterious pseudonym for the Drexiciyans and another album of exactly what you'd expect from them. Don't get me wrong, that isn't a diss-after all, you'd hardly expect them to start experimenting with "nu-jazz." But they do deliver their unerring brand of militant machine funk with an unswerving dedication to their causes of electro and techno. For the most part, this is gritty, dancefloor-aimed Detroit business. But in a couple of places (specifically "Lonely Journey Of The Comet Bopp" and "Flux") their more reflective deep-space side sneaks through, providing welcome relief from the onslaught, and for my money, the album's best moments.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player