Shout Out Out Out Out Reintegration Time
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Normals Welcome
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There are few bands that can accurately be described as triumphant, and Shout Out Out Out Out is one of them. Their live set involves two drummers, four bass players, two samplers, five synthesizers, five cowbells, two octapads, and one vocoder, but even though these guys are playing “dance music,” they don't forget to bring the rock. Reintegration Time is their second album, and it actually finds the Edmonton outfit toning things down and taking a trip through the world of synths, whether it be the acid-tinged “Guilt Trips Sink Ships,” the arpeggiated lament of album standout “Bad Choices,” or the spacey exploration of the title track.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player