Shout Out Out Out Out Reintegration Time
- Words: August Howard
- Label: Normals Welcome
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
There are few bands that can accurately be described as triumphant, and Shout Out Out Out Out is one of them. Their live set involves two drummers, four bass players, two samplers, five synthesizers, five cowbells, two octapads, and one vocoder, but even though these guys are playing “dance music,” they don't forget to bring the rock. Reintegration Time is their second album, and it actually finds the Edmonton outfit toning things down and taking a trip through the world of synths, whether it be the acid-tinged “Guilt Trips Sink Ships,” the arpeggiated lament of album standout “Bad Choices,” or the spacey exploration of the title track.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player