Si Begg Director's Cut
- Words: Margaret Murray
- Label: Novamute
Recording under his sizable stash of pseudonyms, Begg blends, borrows and steals perhaps the world's most eclectic samples. On Director's Cut, Begg's deeply personal perusal of favorite styles and sounds, neither genre nor era are held sacred-lively dancehall scats skitter past celestial beings on high, and references tumble over each other in an infectious riot of grooves. Slyly humorous, Begg takes the pseudo prog-rocker "River," adds some upward inflected Turner-esque vocals ("River Deep, Mountain High" comes to mind) and renders it futuristic while Kraftwerking his way through the ultra-mix of England. Witty, danceable and damn near a must-have.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player