Si Begg Director's Cut
- Words: Margaret Murray
- Label: Novamute
Recording under his sizable stash of pseudonyms, Begg blends, borrows and steals perhaps the world's most eclectic samples. On Director's Cut, Begg's deeply personal perusal of favorite styles and sounds, neither genre nor era are held sacred-lively dancehall scats skitter past celestial beings on high, and references tumble over each other in an infectious riot of grooves. Slyly humorous, Begg takes the pseudo prog-rocker "River," adds some upward inflected Turner-esque vocals ("River Deep, Mountain High" comes to mind) and renders it futuristic while Kraftwerking his way through the ultra-mix of England. Witty, danceable and damn near a must-have.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player