Sidestepper 3 A.M. (In Beats We Trust)
- Words: Brock Phillips
- Label: Palm
While many producers and DJs are content to pilfer a culture's musical heritage merely by sifting through stacks of vinyl, for others the allure of the heartland itself is impossible to deny. Richard Blair is one of the latter, a journeyman Brit who took off for the warmer climes of Columbia and Jamaica in search of inspiration. Sidestepper is the result, and it calls to mind similar fusions by acts like Up, Bustle and Out, the alter-ego of fellow Englishman Rupert Mould, who traveled to Spain and Cuba for his own recordings. Sumptuous Latin rhythms, strident horn riffs and smoked-out ragga choruses are but of a few of the highlights you can expect.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player