Sigur Rós með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: XL
If Iceland’s cinematropic collective Sigur Rós were filmmakers, you’d file them between Terrence Malick and François Truffaut. Because on this, the group’s fifth album, translated as “with a buzz in our ears, we play endlessly,” Sigur Rós gravitates between oblique commentaries and a disarmingly near-field realism. Sigur Rós uses half of this new full-length to explore being naturalist auteurs beyond a common axis, capturing more direct address and jumpier cuts. The other, more macroscopic material–including a long pan featuring a 100-piece choir/orchestra–maintains a standard of epic scenes that act as ciphers, saturating listeners with ambiguous emotion.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player