Silicon Scally Bioroid
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Satamile
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Carl Finlow is apparently completely incapable of releasing a shitty album, although he's shed a bit of his brooding, corrosive Scallyness this time around in favor of kicking the crap out of the dancefloor. Finlow's tracks, like "Population III" and "Encapsulate," are too robofunktastic to be denied-full of good, solid mechanical breaks. While the spacey-ness of the album doesn't drift as far into the subconscious as Dark Matter or Mr. Machine, cuts like "Moment" and "Interflection" carve a psychoactive electro niche that is uniquely Finlow's.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player