Silicon Scally Bioroid
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: Satamile
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Carl Finlow is apparently completely incapable of releasing a shitty album, although he's shed a bit of his brooding, corrosive Scallyness this time around in favor of kicking the crap out of the dancefloor. Finlow's tracks, like "Population III" and "Encapsulate," are too robofunktastic to be denied-full of good, solid mechanical breaks. While the spacey-ness of the album doesn't drift as far into the subconscious as Dark Matter or Mr. Machine, cuts like "Moment" and "Interflection" carve a psychoactive electro niche that is uniquely Finlow's.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player