Silicone Soul Save Our Souls
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Soma
It sucks when great artists try new things that don't quite work. But anything that Craig Morrison and Graeme Reedie can cook up on a bad day is still loads better than most do at their peak. Silicone Soul's third full-length finds them straying into quieter, more contemplative moments that somehow don't sound as polished as their lean, crisp tech-house lines, through which emotion always shined so clearly. Fans will appreciate two standouts: "The Snakecharmer," which curls exotic flute tones around bass notes like a slithering reptile, and "Margin For Madness," which guides a dark journey into lovely acid recesses.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player