Silicone Soul Save Our Souls
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Soma
It sucks when great artists try new things that don't quite work. But anything that Craig Morrison and Graeme Reedie can cook up on a bad day is still loads better than most do at their peak. Silicone Soul's third full-length finds them straying into quieter, more contemplative moments that somehow don't sound as polished as their lean, crisp tech-house lines, through which emotion always shined so clearly. Fans will appreciate two standouts: "The Snakecharmer," which curls exotic flute tones around bass notes like a slithering reptile, and "Margin For Madness," which guides a dark journey into lovely acid recesses.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsLapalux Drops New Single for Brainfeeder, Announces European Tour
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
XLR8R Downloads Player