Silicone Soul Save Our Souls
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Soma
It sucks when great artists try new things that don't quite work. But anything that Craig Morrison and Graeme Reedie can cook up on a bad day is still loads better than most do at their peak. Silicone Soul's third full-length finds them straying into quieter, more contemplative moments that somehow don't sound as polished as their lean, crisp tech-house lines, through which emotion always shined so clearly. Fans will appreciate two standouts: "The Snakecharmer," which curls exotic flute tones around bass notes like a slithering reptile, and "Margin For Madness," which guides a dark journey into lovely acid recesses.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player