Sixtoo Antagonist Survival Kit
- Words: Margaret Murray
- Label: Vertical Form
Sixtoo leaps into the unheard with a deliciously informed piece of work ranging from tortured torch songs to instrumental hip-hop. Stylistically, there's no starting point except for a deeply abiding appreciation of sound in all its recorded forms that shines through on every track. The aforementioned instrumentals are alternatively stunningly agile ("Baroque") or gorgeously complex, while on the other end of the spectrum, the post-folk "A to Zero" centers on a deceptively simple guitar sample that shimmers with chill-out optimism. Like Saul Williams, Sixtoo is able to conjure up not only images, but also atmosphere-by at least the second listen you're firmly entrenched in this visionary's vision, with no need for an exit sign. Enjoy.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player