Sizzla The Overstanding
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: DDMG-Koch
Over the last decade, Sizzla has become perhaps dancehall's most iconic and prolific figure, and though his later releases have varied in consistency, when he's on, no one blazes hotter. Here, Mr. Kalonji brings his A-game-and his crackling falsetto-to almost every track. The album is a sort of greatest hits collection, with updated versions of "Solid as a Rock" and "Smoke Marijuana," along with newer tunes like "Take Myself Away" and "Break Free." The production-by Clark Kent, Ill Vibe, and Kalonji himself-is surprisingly tight, and Sizzla seems more inspired on the mic than he's been in years.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player