Sizzla The Overstanding
- Words: Eric K. Arnold
- Label: DDMG-Koch
Over the last decade, Sizzla has become perhaps dancehall's most iconic and prolific figure, and though his later releases have varied in consistency, when he's on, no one blazes hotter. Here, Mr. Kalonji brings his A-game-and his crackling falsetto-to almost every track. The album is a sort of greatest hits collection, with updated versions of "Solid as a Rock" and "Smoke Marijuana," along with newer tunes like "Take Myself Away" and "Break Free." The production-by Clark Kent, Ill Vibe, and Kalonji himself-is surprisingly tight, and Sizzla seems more inspired on the mic than he's been in years.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player