Skeletons and the Girl-Faced Boys Git
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Ghostly International
Git isn‘t merely esoteric. At points, it‘s so unhinged that it‘s in danger of spinning off the planet. Melodies, rhythms, and atmospheres develop and dead-end at will, creating a cacophony that sounds like equal parts glitch electronica, The Unicorns‘ pop playfulness, and middle school choir. But that‘s not a knock against this original and striking musical collage. Willfully weird music can have its moments, and Git is full of them. If you can follow this album‘s internal logic, it‘s quite a trip.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
XLR8R Downloads Player