Skeletons and the Girl-Faced Boys Git
- Words: Patrick Sisson
- Label: Ghostly International
Git isn‘t merely esoteric. At points, it‘s so unhinged that it‘s in danger of spinning off the planet. Melodies, rhythms, and atmospheres develop and dead-end at will, creating a cacophony that sounds like equal parts glitch electronica, The Unicorns‘ pop playfulness, and middle school choir. But that‘s not a knock against this original and striking musical collage. Willfully weird music can have its moments, and Git is full of them. If you can follow this album‘s internal logic, it‘s quite a trip.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player