- Words: Mary Anne Hobbs
- Label: Tempa
Skream is a phenomenal, elemental force within the context of this scene. I absolutely love "Kut-off." According to people who have a greater understanding of mathematics than I have, it's built using triplets, but I cannot figure out how he's done the math. It sounds to me like there's one too many beats in every section, but it's just one of these incredible beats that just tumbles and tumbles over itself. Every time you play it in a club it's incredible, because people just skank right out, and yet still you can see they're confused about the pattern.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player