Slowrider Historias En Revision
- Words: Joe Rice
- Label: Nomadic Soundsystem
The latest in a line of socially and politically active East Los Angeles groups stretching back through War and El Chicano, Slowrider respect the sound of their forebearers while updating it with bilingual MCs and space-funk atmosphere (think Lonnie Liston-Smith in Havana). Down to six pieces from the nine-piece combo that released Nacimiento and toured with Ozomatli, their third album is a mixture of new tracks and remixes. The sound is tightly rhythmic, with horn flourishes countered by darkly introspective tracks like "Misconceptions" and "Acid Reign" adding their production skills to a stark and effective balance between string-laden dirge, beatbox and tongue-twisting rap.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player