Smash TV Bits For Breakfast
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Bpitch
Berlin-based duo Holger Zilske and Michael Schmidt make the kind of glitchy, effects-processed noisy drum machine mish-mash that conjures up images of robots line dancing. A sharp, disjointed funk flows through the best of these tracks, like the machine-made splice and dice of "TV Is Talking" and "Luv 4 Luv." Other cuts aren't quite as compelling, due to a grating overuse of sappy elements (the cheesy vocal effects on "Sad" and "Everyone's A Star" are a bit much). Assuming the album title means anything, it will be interesting to see what's for lunch.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player