Smash TV Bits For Breakfast
- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Bpitch
Berlin-based duo Holger Zilske and Michael Schmidt make the kind of glitchy, effects-processed noisy drum machine mish-mash that conjures up images of robots line dancing. A sharp, disjointed funk flows through the best of these tracks, like the machine-made splice and dice of "TV Is Talking" and "Luv 4 Luv." Other cuts aren't quite as compelling, due to a grating overuse of sappy elements (the cheesy vocal effects on "Sad" and "Everyone's A Star" are a bit much). Assuming the album title means anything, it will be interesting to see what's for lunch.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player