- Words: Nick Follett
- Label: Q Tape
From the atmospheric smooth lounge jazz that informed downtempo to Bitches Brew-esque freak outs to off-kilter 5/4 funk jams, Smoke's Everything is perhaps one of the most appropriately named records. Reminiscent of a Teo Macero or Can project (where larger studio improvisations are edited down to form songs), Smoke quickly jumps from one style and tempo to a seemingly unrelated other. Originally released in 1973 on MPS, this Californian psychedelic jazz outfit creates a far out sound with their driving yet fluent pulse and motif-based melodic improvisations.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsStream "Fifty Fathoms" from Marquis Hawkes' Upcoming EP
XLR8R Downloads Player