- Words: Nick Follett
- Label: Q Tape
From the atmospheric smooth lounge jazz that informed downtempo to Bitches Brew-esque freak outs to off-kilter 5/4 funk jams, Smoke's Everything is perhaps one of the most appropriately named records. Reminiscent of a Teo Macero or Can project (where larger studio improvisations are edited down to form songs), Smoke quickly jumps from one style and tempo to a seemingly unrelated other. Originally released in 1973 on MPS, this Californian psychedelic jazz outfit creates a far out sound with their driving yet fluent pulse and motif-based melodic improvisations.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player