Smyglyssna We Can Fix It Remixes
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Vertical Form
Though there was never anything broken (well, besides the fractured beats) about Smyglyssna's We Can Fix It LP, a host of remixers pull out the pliers and plug-ins on this collection of remixes. Lex's Boom Bip does his best Prefuse73 imitation on the stammering "We Can Fake It"; Soft Pink Truth goes for low-slung electro-funk on "Work Shall Be Abolished," a tune that Fujiya & Miyagi take to sexy new depths of whispered glitch-grinding; Restiform Bodies propel "Tea with Angela" into a stratosphere of dead satellites and liquid silicon; and Ein?ma turns "We Can Take It" into a Gothic electro vortex of unspeakable darkness. Smyglyssna's own two contributions are fucked up digital funk of the highest order, somewhere between Twerk and Super_Collider.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- Feature20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- PodcastMaxmillion Dunbar
- MP3Son of Sun "Feel Like I Feel (John Daly Remix)"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player