Sniper Mode & MBP Travellers Beyond
- Words: Chris Muniz
- Label: Mikrolux
Unfolding like a series of visions wrested from the sleeping minds of the mad, the German-based Sniper Mode and his Swiss counterpart MBP deliver an intense and versatile album full of psychedelic electro with hints of techno, downbeat and experimental hovering at the edges. This is dark music, cinematic and digitally clean but with just enough grit to make you fear the uncontrolled energy that lurches about like a beast untethered, especially on "Science & Vision," "Trip Drop" and "Dead Cities." As the album begins to wind down, the music becomes dreamy and drugged, drifting into a contradictory downtempo state where beats are slow but the details and atmosphere are overwhelmingly alive. It's a space definitely worth experiencing.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player