The Society Electronic Bionic
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Freestyle
Too many future jazz albums depend on electronic gimmickry to pull off their sound. But what makes Electronic Bionic so much better is the sense that the people behind the tracks are accomplished musicians with an ear for getting past labels and limits. "Human Nature," for example, has both vocals chock full of soul as well as swelling synths, "High Jive" features jazz sax against crackling sounds, and "Keep Your Head Up" sounds as if Kosheen had been bred on Philly soul. Plenty of acts never put out an album this good, much less a debut.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player