Sofa Surfers See The Light
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Eighteenth Street Lounge
Bracketed by a pair of epochal caf»-approved remixes (Richard Dorfmeister's "Sofa Rockers" and Thievery Corporation's "Can I Get a Witness"), See The Light offers a frustratingly fleeting glimpse of these splendid Viennese dub specialists. Infinitely more rugged than any other lounge-style dub act, these four Austrian producers are herein ill-served by their collaborators, a lame cast of quasi-intellectual MCs whose verbose poetics choke the Surfers' spooky echo-chamber ambience. Is it too late to request an instrumental version?
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player