Sofa Surfers See The Light
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: Eighteenth Street Lounge
Bracketed by a pair of epochal caf»-approved remixes (Richard Dorfmeister's "Sofa Rockers" and Thievery Corporation's "Can I Get a Witness"), See The Light offers a frustratingly fleeting glimpse of these splendid Viennese dub specialists. Infinitely more rugged than any other lounge-style dub act, these four Austrian producers are herein ill-served by their collaborators, a lame cast of quasi-intellectual MCs whose verbose poetics choke the Surfers' spooky echo-chamber ambience. Is it too late to request an instrumental version?
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
XLR8R Downloads Player