Sofa Surfers Sofa Surfers
- Words: Justin Hopper
- Label: Klein
Viennese quartet Sofa Surfers make music that is almost purposefully run-of-the-mill; it‘s as though-after past experiments with dub, hip-hop and electronic sounds-the band has decided that the only thing keeping ‘90s post-rock from being the ultimate musical sound was that damn experimentation. Even on the best songs-like the hypnotic but ultimately tiring "Never Go Back"-mild lyrics and bland guitars wax poetic over odd time signatures, making a sound that is at once technically intricate, beautifully delicate and utterly forgettable. Full of potential never fulfilled.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
XLR8R Downloads Player