The Soft Pink Truth Do You Party?
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Soundslike
Drew Daniel was the first "glam skater" I ever saw in SF. The Matmos member was decked out in a Thrasher shirt, acid-washed jacket, ripped stockings, and checkered lowtops with his face smeared with hot-pink mascara. This juxtaposition of urban grit and discount-store beauty abounds in his microhouse incarnation The Soft Pink Truth. With his hacked-up snares, ditzy electro-funk melodies and divas reduced to stuttering androids, Drew eliminates the need for electroclash. Granted, his sound is way too art-damaged for most dancefloors and homecoming nights, but it's hard not to smile as you listen, whether it be of delight or bewilderment.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player