Softlightes Say No To Being Cool-Say Yes To Being Happy
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Modular
Ron Fountenberry-the artist formerly known as The Incredible Moses Leroy-has spent the last few years tinkering with sunburned processor-pop and hazy folk. His latest release (and first with his full band, Softlightes) is as delicate and pristine as the skim-milk voice that tiptoes atop each of the album's 11 ditties. But what Fountenberry missed in crafting these certifiable beauts is simple: The charm of his back-catalog is in its gangliness and untrimmed edges. Here, we get five or so commercial-ready sound-beds, and a record many will call the perfection of Fountenberry's formula. Unfortunately, they'll be right.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
XLR8R Downloads Player