Softlightes Say No To Being Cool-Say Yes To Being Happy
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Modular
Ron Fountenberry-the artist formerly known as The Incredible Moses Leroy-has spent the last few years tinkering with sunburned processor-pop and hazy folk. His latest release (and first with his full band, Softlightes) is as delicate and pristine as the skim-milk voice that tiptoes atop each of the album's 11 ditties. But what Fountenberry missed in crafting these certifiable beauts is simple: The charm of his back-catalog is in its gangliness and untrimmed edges. Here, we get five or so commercial-ready sound-beds, and a record many will call the perfection of Fountenberry's formula. Unfortunately, they'll be right.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player