Softlightes Say No To Being Cool-Say Yes To Being Happy
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Modular
Ron Fountenberry-the artist formerly known as The Incredible Moses Leroy-has spent the last few years tinkering with sunburned processor-pop and hazy folk. His latest release (and first with his full band, Softlightes) is as delicate and pristine as the skim-milk voice that tiptoes atop each of the album's 11 ditties. But what Fountenberry missed in crafting these certifiable beauts is simple: The charm of his back-catalog is in its gangliness and untrimmed edges. Here, we get five or so commercial-ready sound-beds, and a record many will call the perfection of Fountenberry's formula. Unfortunately, they'll be right.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player