Songs Of Green Pheasant Songs Of Green Pheasant
- Words: Fred Miketa
- Label: Fat Cat
If the Mamas and the Papas were collectively incinerated in a fire at their peak and came back to haunt the living, their incarnation would be Duncan Sumpner ‘s Songs Of Green Pheasant. Recorded entirely on a four-track in his lonesome kitchen, this blend of psychedelic folk and ambient pop truly stands outside of the new folk forefront treasured by everyone from hippies to hip-hop heads alike. Duncan‘s layered, dreary vocals resurrect feelings of aging and isolation without a trace of self-indulgence. Utilizing lo-fi drum machines, both electric and acoustic guitars and subtly driving basslines, modernity has never looked brighter.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player