Sophie Rimheden Hi-Fi
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Mitek
Sophie Rimheden sounds like what the much maligned electroclash genre should if its artists were down, really down, with sounds ranging from Brit New Waver DMX Krew to vintage electonic styles such as Italo disco and freestyle, as well as the shuffle groove of Cologne's Kompakt Records. And, man, does Rimheden sing her heart out. Sure, her voice grows a wee tiresome near the end, when her Sci-Fi voice processor's preset hasn't been altered over the course of an hour. But Rimheden's album stands out as a uniquely European amalgam of club music, which also truly feels like the individual embodiment of one woman's singular sonic vision: Hi-Fi redefined.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
XLR8R Downloads Player