Sophie Rimheden Hi-Fi
- Words: Brion Paul
- Label: Mitek
Sophie Rimheden sounds like what the much maligned electroclash genre should if its artists were down, really down, with sounds ranging from Brit New Waver DMX Krew to vintage electonic styles such as Italo disco and freestyle, as well as the shuffle groove of Cologne's Kompakt Records. And, man, does Rimheden sing her heart out. Sure, her voice grows a wee tiresome near the end, when her Sci-Fi voice processor's preset hasn't been altered over the course of an hour. But Rimheden's album stands out as a uniquely European amalgam of club music, which also truly feels like the individual embodiment of one woman's singular sonic vision: Hi-Fi redefined.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player