Soul Supreme The Saturday Night Agenda
- Words: James Friedman
- Label: Inebriated Rhythm-Gri
At the risk of sounding like a hater, I have to admit to an insidious feeling of dread when I pick up new independent hip-hop albums. Maybe it's the fact that all the really jiggy club shit is just killing it these days (thanks Pharrell!). Or, maybe I'm just getting soft. For real, I've been listening to so much Snoop and Freeway, I totally slept on The Saturday Night Agenda. Producer Soul Supreme comes correct with some staight-up rap shit. Revolutionary this isn't, but it's fucking great to hear cats like AG, Pete Rock, OC and Big Daddy Kane sharing the mic with up-and-comers over some of that ol' Brooklyn, head-nod style production.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
XLR8R Downloads Player