Soulstice The Melody
- Words: Tomas
- Label: North by Northwest
SoulStice, here's your hip-hop report card. Lyric Delivery: A-. Your complex wordplay is impressive. Have you been studying with Akbar? Beats and Production: B+. Why? Well, you sampled Quincy Jones's "Summer In The City"-and nicely-but it's been done, plus the tempos of "Sleepwalk" and "The Melody" are lethargic. Overall style: A. You had the class's heads nodding and deserve a teacher's merit for your attention to detail. I see you graduating from Chicago and on to global greatness.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsMachinedrum Readies New Album for Ninja Tune
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player