Sound Providers The Blessin‘
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: ABB
Sound Providers deliver their usual warm jazzy sound on "The Blessin‘," but Blest‘s urgent vocal delivery and the sharp snares, combined with Soulo‘s deft scratching, give the song a harder edge than the laid-back vibe they‘ve earned a reputation for. The B-side, "Who Said What," is a tale of life‘s stresses over a nice funky guitar loop and more nice phrase scratching from Soulo, this time cutting up lines from EPMD, KRS-One, De La Soul, Sadat X, Q-Tip and more.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player