The Sound Providers An Evening With The Sound Providers
- Words: Pete Babb
- Label: ABB
The Sound Providers' style is "jazz combo with drum programming." Utilizing dusty horn and piano loops as the backdrop, the Providers set a hip-hop jazz club vibe that's certainly a winner. Their Achilles heel is that they fall a little too in love with their loops, meaning several instrumental tracks stagnate, and don't take the formula any further. Nevertheless, some quality vocalists, including Asheru, Ken Boogaloo, Yeshua, Phonte and Pooh of Little Brother, propel their cuts ahead nicely, and there isn't a wack beat to be had here.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player