Sound Tribe Sector 9 Artifact
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: 1320
Putting the jam band DIY mentality to good use, this unique collection of artists and musicians has become one of the country‘s most intriguing, innovative outfits around. Known for kaleidoscopic, Buddhist-influenced hallucinogenic sound tapestries (think Sigur Rós on mushrooms), Artifact, on their own indie label, features their more melodic aspects. The interplay between tasteful, jazzy rhythms, sparse piano and guitar work, occasional vocals ("Better Day") and spaced-out innerspace musings ("Tokyo") is a cut above most groove-based jam bands‘ studio work. Budding masters of many trades, Artifact is a worthwhile relic for future reference.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player