Sound Tribe Sector 9 Artifact
- Words: Derek Beres
- Label: 1320
Putting the jam band DIY mentality to good use, this unique collection of artists and musicians has become one of the country‘s most intriguing, innovative outfits around. Known for kaleidoscopic, Buddhist-influenced hallucinogenic sound tapestries (think Sigur Rós on mushrooms), Artifact, on their own indie label, features their more melodic aspects. The interplay between tasteful, jazzy rhythms, sparse piano and guitar work, occasional vocals ("Better Day") and spaced-out innerspace musings ("Tokyo") is a cut above most groove-based jam bands‘ studio work. Budding masters of many trades, Artifact is a worthwhile relic for future reference.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsLes Sins Shares "Talk About" from Upcoming Debut LP
- NewsCheck Out the Video for Teengirl Fantasy's "Lung" Single
- NewsWatch the Animated Video for Lone's "Restless City"
- Real Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- Getting Down, Biking Around, and Reveling in the Final Days of Trouw: Reflections on ADE 2014
- Labels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- Labels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
XLR8R Downloads Player