Spank Rock YoYoYoYoYo
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Big Dada
Like a Pixar skin flick narrated by Q-Tip, Spank Rock is concurrently cartoonish and commanding. There's just something unrelentingly bulbous about YoYoYoYoYo, the debut full-length by the BMore-meets-Illadelph-founded, New York-grounded duo of MC Naeem "Spank Rock" Juwan and producer Alex "Armani" XXXchange (augmented at times by Chris Rockswell and Amanda Blank). At a nasal, pneumatic clip, Juwan gets Philthy, dropping that Bootymore-spitting raunch from the haunch over 8-bit-meets-808 beats and Speak 'N Spell cut-ups that border on grimy breakstep. YoYoYoYoYo is yayo for those who want to simultaneously articulate, palpitate, and salivate.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player