Splinter Group Blowing Down Blue Sky
- Words: Margaret Murray
- Label: W.D.T.H.C.
While I'm about as technologically masterful as a toddler with a push toy' embrace, and am schooled in, theories of improvisation and experimentation. Which is frustrating when I enjoy artists like Splinter Group, yet have no idea how they created such intricate sound exploration. Basically, the process involved two members selecting beats to be programmed by engineer Wayne Peet, which were then fed back to the group to expand on as they envisioned. Each piece-anchored by Kaoru on vocals-is a marvel, building layer upon layer of sound to create a harmonious whole.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player