Spoonbender 1.1.1 Stereo Telepathy Academy-Original Soundtrack
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Helen Scarsdale Agency
Conceived as an extension of William S. Burroughs‘ and Brion Gysin‘s "Third Mind" technique (wherein text or art is cut up and reconfigured at random to spontaneously access non-linear thought), Spoonbender 1.1.1 is not so much an I Am Spoonbender side project as a concentrated, immersive experiment. The live performance from which 1.1.1 originated consisted of a viewing of one film while spoken text from another was broadcast over it; the soundtrack was provided by the musicians themselves, improvised while watching a third film (hidden from the audience). The result, reproduced on this recording, is a disquieting meditation on telepathy, human emotions, and communion. Best listened to while horizontal with the lights out."
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
XLR8R Downloads Player