Spoonbender 1.1.1 Stereo Telepathy Academy-Original Soundtrack
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Helen Scarsdale Agency
Conceived as an extension of William S. Burroughs‘ and Brion Gysin‘s "Third Mind" technique (wherein text or art is cut up and reconfigured at random to spontaneously access non-linear thought), Spoonbender 1.1.1 is not so much an I Am Spoonbender side project as a concentrated, immersive experiment. The live performance from which 1.1.1 originated consisted of a viewing of one film while spoken text from another was broadcast over it; the soundtrack was provided by the musicians themselves, improvised while watching a third film (hidden from the audience). The result, reproduced on this recording, is a disquieting meditation on telepathy, human emotions, and communion. Best listened to while horizontal with the lights out."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player