Spring Heel Jack The Sweetness Of The Water
- Words: Sean O'Neal
- Label: Thirsty Ear
John Coxon and Ashley Wales are hardly the "electronic" musicians they used to be. They've fruitfully evolved into full-on electro-acoustic free-jazz fusionists. Each subdued piece on The Sweetness feels live and hardly manipulated. The flowing trumpet of Wadada Leo Smith and the weeping saxophone of Evan Parker float through the gentle mayhem, full of subconscious noise, disorderly rhythms, irregular melodies and dramatic chord progressions. Altogether, imagine the druggy drone of Spacemen 3 fused with the intelligent sound exploration of John Cage and then outshined by the kind of free jazz collaborators Miles Davis might employ.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player