Squarepusher Hello Everything
- Words: Robbie Mackey
- Label: Warp
Tom Jenkinson (a.k.a. Squarepusher) has rewarded the listening public with a plastic gift every year since ‘96. That‘s a 10-year, 10-album journey, stopping off in territories as varied as anxious breaks, fruity future-funk, jazz fusion, and schizoid D&B. But everything seemed to culminate on 2004's masterwork, Ultravisitor, a meaty, studied album that pulled from every influence at Jenkinson‘s disposal. So while Hello Everything boasts all of the stair-stepping synth, busy bass, and jazz structuring we've come to expect from Squarepusher, it seems a bit stuck in the shadow of a more complete record, and an increasingly imposing back catalog.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player