- Words: Shawn Reynaldo
- Label: Badman
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
On their self-titled 2008 debut, this unfortunately named Portland band made a splash with their bouncy, rough-around-the-edges synth pop. Jupiter is their second album and although songs like “Medicine” feature the same sort of upbeat spirit and poppy fun one would expect, Starfucker might have been better served letting this one stay in the oven a bit longer. At eight songs, it’s a little thin, especially when the title track is a short instrumental, one song is a bland cover of Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Want to Have Fun,” and the album ends with a remix of a track from the first record. With some editing, Jupiter could have been a great EP instead of a mediocre album.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player