Starting Teeth I Won’t Do Anything I Can Do
- Words: Chris Sabbath
- Label: Creaked
- XLR8R Rating: 6.5/10
Not since David Byrne and Brian Eno sat shoulder-to-shoulder in the studio over 25 years ago for My Life in the Bush of Ghosts have two minds captured the art of tape sampling so effectively as electronic producers Childe Grangier and Nathan Jonson of Starting Teeth do here. The twosome packs its tech-heavy debut, I Won’t Do Anything I Can Do, with tape-jamming vocal loops galore, injecting sample after sample into their riotous blend of ambient world, glitch-hop, and micro-house. “Concerning the Bombs” is ice-toned with its whirs and drones, fizzling and flailing about like a downed power line during a thunderstorm, while the hyped-out “Everything Ends” hiccups with breaks, clicks, and cuts.
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player